Regarding the situation in the Sahel countries, we from the Black&White initiatives in Germany and Ghana will have a Black&White-Online-Meeting on Saturday, 7 November at 7 p.m. (Ghana 6 p.m.). Grit Lenz, coordinator of the civil society network „Fokus Sahel“ (https://www.fokussahel.de/), will present the situation in the Sahel.
Violence is spreading in Ghana’s northern neighbouring countries.In Ghana our partner association, the Black&White Ghana Initiative, is committed to human rights and peace. Last year, we organised a workshop with this initiative in Ghana to contribute to the possibilities to eliminate the causes of flight. Millions of people in the region are already displaced by violence. There are fears that this could spread to Ghana and the other coastal countries. There are also threatening conflicts in Ivory Coast, Nigeria and Guinea.
That has hardly been an issue for us so far. We want to inform more people about it, which is why we have organised this webinar.
From the Black&White initiatives, we want to contribute to peaceful solutions to the conflicts and the reduction of human suffering, and we want to
– raise awareness and interest in the conflicts
– increase knowledge about the conflicts and their background
– promote the exchange of information and views between organisations and activists working for peace and human rights in the region and in the diaspora
– present necessary and possible peace-building measures in the individual countries
– discuss necessary and possible peace-building steps by ECOWAS and AU
– necessary and possible peacebuilding steps by the UN
– struggle for peace-promoting external relations of the EU and German politics and economy