News Feed › Forums › Forum für Gerechtigkeit und Frieden in Westafrika › #ENDSARS: Nigerias Polizeieinheit foltert, tötet, verhaftet willkürlich › Reply To: #ENDSARS: Nigerias Polizeieinheit foltert, tötet, verhaftet willkürlich
Mitglied22. Oktober 2020 at 11:45
JAF CONDEMNS THE GENOCIDE AGAINST THE #EndSARS PROTESTERS!*
*- CALLS FOR A BROAD MOVEMENT TO FIGHT FOR SYSTEM CHANGE NOW!*
1. The Joint Action Front (JAF) condemned in its entirety the mass muder and genocide committed last night at the Lekki Tollgate, Lagos-Nigeria end of the #EndSARS Protest by the Buhari civilian dictatorship.
2. October 20, 2020 will go down as a SAD DAY, in which the Nigeria Army committed one of its worst atrocities when it unleashed genocidal venom on patriotic Nigerian youths and women, gate in Lagos Nigeria using the guise of curfew imposed by the Lagos Government and in which scorres of peaceful and defenceless Nigerians were injured and several murdered for daring to continue the #EndSARS Protest.
3. The stage for the massacre of armless youth yesterday, has been on rehearsals in Abuja,, Jo’s, Benin, Port Harcourt, Osogbo, Ilorin, Kano, Ibadan, Lagos, etc and other centres across the country where state sponsored violence, employing the use of rented crowds of mercenaries (called thugs and miscreants) were for over a week ago and on daily basis, used to attack the peaceful protests, carried out arsons targeted at destruction of some public properties, especially police stations, all as part of the premeditated design to criminalise the protests and provide the excuse for the notorious and merciless military killings of hapless Nigerians.
4. In other for the Buhari regime to carry out the military’s blood thirsty and monstrous crimes, the CCTV cameras and lights in the Lekki Tollgate, were suddenly cut off few minutes to the dastardly operation.
We commiserate with all Nigerians on this particularly sad development of unwarranted blood letting, most especially the family and relations who children, became victims of the state murder.
5. We urge all Nigerians in Lagos and across the country to make public cases of family members and friends shot, killed or missing, since the commencement of the #EndSARS Protest two weeks ago, in order to ascertain the numbers of Nigerians who might have been victims of the Buhari Government’s overt and covert state violence.
6. Our duty as JAF in such a moment of national tragedy as this, is to reiterate and intensify the National Mobilisation of Nigerians on a long drawn struggle for SYSTEM CHANGE, which we commenced on September 16, 2020 in our demands for the unconditional reversal in the hikes of the prices of petrol and electricity tariffs.
7. The latest act of massacre of Nigerians brings to fire once more the point we in JAF have consistently made that: *“… there is a very tiny group of Nigerians who have cornered the wealth that belong to the working people and the poor, who are in majority. They loot the Treasury and use their stolen wealth to sustain themselves in power through their political parties. They use their power to get richer and richer while the poor get poorer and poorer. This is the system of exploitation and oppression. It is the system that brings out the army and the police to kill poor people when they protest against exploitation and oppression. We want to change that system and replace it with a system where the working people and millions of people who are suffering under the system of exploitation will win power and ensure that the wealth of Nigeria is used to ensure a good life for the majority of the people who are now exploited and oppressed.
Therefore, system change is not replacing one explorer’s government by another explorer’s government. It is replacing an explorer’s government by a people’s government to reorganize Nigeria and put an end to exploitation and oppression …“* THE ABOVE EXPLAINS WHY WE ARE URGING NIGERIANS TO FORM A BROAD MOVEMENT THAT IS DEVOID OF ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS DIVIDES TO STRUGGLE FOR SYSTEM CHANGE!
8. In the immediate, JAF will identify with all steps action plans by patriotic Nigerians to bring to justice,locally and internationally, all security forces and their rented crowd of mercenaries and sponsors involved in the ongoing massacres and repression of the #EndSARS Protest.
9. *We want to reiterate that the building of a Broad Movement of Nigerians comprising – working people, poor masses, students and youth, women, professionals, traders, unemployed youth, artisans, farmers, Muslims, Christains, Traditionists, Faith-based groups, People with Physical Disabilitie, etc, on a United Agenda of SYSTEM CHANGE is a NECESSITY to the building of a New Nigeria!*
DARE TO STRUGGLE, DARE TO WIN!
DR. DIPO FASHINA Comrade ABIODUN AREMU